Thursday, March 17, 2016

14 and Pregnant?!

My name is Kate. I am 14 years old and pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant I didn't even know what open adoption was. My parents were both very supportive and helped me to learn my options. I always thought there was only three, abortion, adoption, or keeping the baby. I knew right away abortion was not what I wanted to do and adoption seemed scary. How was I supposed to carry a baby for 9 months than never see the baby again? I couldn't do it. I really wanted to keep the sweet baby and so did the birth father but we are just a couple kids in high school who are financially unstable. We knew we couldn't put the baby through that. Me, the birth father, and my family didn't know what to do. One day after my first ultrasound my mom decided to get some papers about what my options are. My mom came back to the car with a bunch of papers and she looked through them that night. That is when she learned what open adoption is. My mom thought that was what is best and after me and the birth father thought and learned more about it we did too.

So much has happened since the beginning and I will share that all in some later posts but as of this moment I am beginning my 7 months of being pregnant. I have found the perfect family for this perfect child and I cannot wait to share more about it. I don't know how many people will see this but I think that something good comes from everything. I already know something good is coming from this pregnancy. Maybe something good will come from this blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment